Saturday, August 2, 2014

Tour of Kaohsiung

Today a group of us got to tour a bit of the city, specifically the artist area along the Love River called Pier 2.  From what I've read, the area had warehouses that primarily stored sugar. Now the area and grounds showcase different sculptures and statues. There are walking paths along the river and, from what I could tell, the area honors Taiwanese workers. I know there are a lot of photos below and I'll try to describe as much as possible.

 This is one of the direction/distance signs...and it's in English!


You can see the path going like this in each direction along the river.

Very cool sculptures and artwork along the whole path and in the area.



Side streets off the path look like this.




I love the modern building in the background.


Some views of the river along the way.




Many versions of these along the way that I believe represent workers.

The official gateway to the harbor.



Homes along the path.


Everywhere you look there is something else to capture.




Tonight we are off to visit one of the night markets which are very famous in Asia.  It should be hot, humid, crowded and amazing!  I'll post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment