Thursday, August 28, 2014

Root Canal Part 3

Whose bright idea was it to have the third and final root canal procedure the evening after my 27 hour trip back to Taiwan? Yup! That would be me! I'm an idiot.

My flights back were long but uneventful. My last flight from Hong Kong to Kaohsiung was delayed so I didn't land until almost midnight and didn't get home until 1 a.m. Of course I couldn't sleep and went into work at 6:30 a.m. after only 2 1/2 hours of sleep and only 2 hours of sleep on the plane. I'm still amazed I made it through the day. I got home around 5:00 and took a 30 minute nap, made some food and headed off to get my final procedure done.

I want you to picture this place. First of all, the lobby is pretty stunning with a high ceiling, stone and fancy lights.



You have to walk up this grand staircase to get to the dentist (about 60 steps) and then when you sit, you see this. I'm not quite sure what to think. Such a mixture of sophistication and kitsch. Gotta love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment