Friday, August 15, 2014

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.....

Briiiinnnnnggg, Brrrrrinnnng!

 A detachable basket - a must since this is how I will bring groceries home.

 The LIV brand made here in Taiwan is made specifically for women.

Without basket for when I speed along and do some mountain biking (yeah, right).

It's official...I now have another mode of transportation in Kaohsiung other than walking and taxi. It's both exciting and TERRIFYING!  Drivers are freakin' crazy here!  I haven't truly biked in a city since I lived in Boston.  That was my main mode of transportation for years and, although dangerous at times, I understood the rules of the road.  Here?  Not so much.  I realized, as I was biking home from the LIV store (that's the bike place and bike brand I got), that I need some freakin' mirrors on this baby so I can see those scooters coming.

One of  the teachers at the school is taking a few of us newbies on a bike tour of the city tomorrow because there are miles and miles of bike trails throughout this city. You can also take your bike on all of the trains in Taiwan so I can take a train to the country and bike away Woohoo!  Watch out Taiwan as I brrrrinngg brrrinngg it!

No comments:

Post a Comment