Monday, August 11, 2014

Class dismissed because of .....rain.


This is a shot of the area where there was an explosion. You can see just how much rain there has to be to create a river.

Well, that's a first.  We dismissed students early today because of the torrential rain that Taiwan has been experiencing the past few days.  http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7e/prevent/warning/e26.htm  I heard today that Kaohsiung has had about a meter of rain in the last 2 days.  A METER!  For those of you who don't know the metric system, that's about 40 inches of rain.  40!  I've never seen so much rain and I'm so impressed with the drainage systems in place in this city but there is only so much you can do with a meter of rain.  Students were dismissed at 12:45 so I didn't have to teach my last block, which was a nice little gift.  I've had snow days before but here in Taiwan, they have typhoon and, apparently, rain days.

No comments:

Post a Comment