Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Phew!

During the past 18 months I've been taking courses so that I can be endorsed to teach English Language Learners in the state of Maine.  There are five graduate courses and I have taken four of them.  These classes have been amazing....hard work....but I feel like they have made a difference in how I teach.  So, I was scheduled to take the last class next week from 8-4, Monday through Friday.  That doesn't include the boatload of homework I will have to do during the week and the huge amount of work that I need to do in the next few days to prepare.

Now, if you know me at all, I don't stop.  I work hard (I've been working 2 jobs for the last 17 years) and I don't shirk responsibility.  I just sent an email to the powers that be that I will not be taking that class next week.  That's huge for me.  I even called my brother asking for approval.  LAME!  I know!  I like to complete things and after this last class, I can take the endorsement test.  I just couldn't do it! I have 3 weeks left and the thought of spending the next 4 days doing work to prepare, losing all of next week in class and doing homework each night, and then working on a final  project/paper the last full week before leaving for Taiwan just got to me today.   I will be gone, basically, until next June and I want to enjoy Maine, take a bit of a vacation since I'll be right into it as soon as I get to Taiwan on the July 26th and start teaching August 11th, and I want to spend time with the people I love most.  I feel so relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment