Friday, July 11, 2014

2 weeks!

It's hard to believe that in two weeks I'll be on a plane to Kaohsiung. Surprisingly I'm not nervous or stressed about it; I'm more stressed about writing sub plans for a week for my trip back for my daughter's wedding.

In case you didn't know, I fly out on July 25th and get there the evening of the 27th. It will take me 24 hours to get there. I get to settle in for a few days and then start my new job on August 1st. I begin teaching on August 11th. I teach for 6 days before I fly back August 18th because my daughter is getting married on the 23rd. I return the morning of the 24th. Phew!

I'm not worried about the trip there and back; I'm worried about the return trip to Taiwan. My internal clock will be all messed up, I get there Monday night, and I'm expected back at school the following morning. I'll be a zombie. I'm hoping the sleep aides my doctor gave me help. Which reminds me, I should test those out before I leave to make sure they don't make me shank someone in my sleep or don't help me sleep at all.

The past two weeks have been very productive. I've basically moved everything out of my apartment with only a bed, dresser, lawn chair in the living room, and a handful of kitchen items to use to make the basics. It's a bit odd living in an empty apartment but it will get even emptier as the next week progresses. All of my artwork will be brought to my brother's place today. He'll hang them up while I'm gone, no use storing them when they can be used and appreciated. I'll bring a load to Goodwill next week and will probably have a yard sale on the 19th to sell off those final pesky items. Honestly, there won't be much left to sell.

Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly in the next few days.  Here's to spending time with the people I love most before I leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment