Monday, July 7, 2014

The Final Countdown!

18 Days until my departure!  Last week was a whirlwind of getting things off of my To Do List.  Today is more of the same but then I feel like things are under control.  The movers came on Saturday and moved almost everything out of my apartment. My brother took the bulk so I'm living in an apartment with no furniture other than my bed, one dresser and some stools in the kitchen.  I kept one fork, one spoon, a knife and a few dishes.  I have to bring a few more items to him this week, primarily artwork, and that part is done.  I'll have a yard sale the last weekend I'm here and that will be it.

Now I'm going to spend as much time as possible with friends and family.  I have the advantage of returning for a few days in August for my daughter's wedding but then I'll be gone for 10 months.  That's a long time away from my girls.  I've never been away that long.  Don't worry, I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the right thing for me.  I'm just sure there will be some tears thrown in there when I board that plane to return to Kaohsiung after the wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment