Monday, July 21, 2014

Final Days

Finishing up the apartment today. My daughter Ally is picking up the last of the furniture tomorrow that she will keep and she gets my car for the next 2 years. I'm donating the old car with 220,000 miles that she has been using to NPR and they pick that up on Wednesday morning. That, my friends, will be the final piece of this Moving to Taiwan puzzle.

I have to admit that I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I was teary throughout the night thinking about saying goodbye to my daughters Sara and Ally. Aren't they the ones that are supposed to leave their mama? I'm so lucky that I get to come back in 3 1/2 weeks for Sara's wedding. It will give me a chance to settle in a bit in Kaohsiung, realize how much fun and a challenge that will be and come back to see my girls. The leaving after the wedding will be tough...as of now, I won't see them for 10 months until I return next June. That's a long time without hugging and hanging out with my babies. Thank goodness for technology! I'll be able to chat, see them and stay in touch as much as possible!

All totaled, I kept about 6 boxes of items in storage and shipped 10. Of those 10 I'll return will about half. All furniture, kitchen stuff, household items etc. is distributed, donated and sold. Not bad! Not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment