Thursday, July 24, 2014

Keyless

I didn't realize just how much had to be done to move to another country. It isn't about the Taiwan logistics; it's about the dealing with all of your stuff logistics. So relieved and glad that part is over.  I am keyless for the first time in my life since before I moved to college....no car, no home, no school (yet) and no country. How weird is that?!

I am down to about six boxes in storage and the ten I shipped to Taiwan. Of those ten I will return with about six since I had to ship things to use there that I won't bring back. That's my life in a nutshell.  My daughter said that her mother has no furnishings and few material items while she has many. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Interesting point.

The hardest part of the past few days wasn't the packing, sorting, cleaning, organizing, etc. it was saying goodbye to my daughters and brother. Emotional! No words can describe how much I love them and how important they are to me.  I know the time will fly by quickly and that they will survive and blossom without me. I've just been "mom" every day for 25 years. Now I'm still mom but that role will be very different from 13 time zones away. Big hugs will be sent their way each and every day.

So, off to Taiwan tomorrow. Watch out Kaohsiung, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment