Friday, July 25, 2014

Hong Kong

Made it to Hong Kong and waiting for my flight to Taiwan. I slept maybe 3 hours of the 15 1/2 hour flight so needless to say, I'm exhausted. I admit that when I landed here and had to navigate my way around the airport to get a boarding pass, food and basically walk around for 3 hours until my flight boards, I felt like I was crazy to take this challenge on. What the hell am I doing here?! But, as I sit here eating dumplings and pickled vegetables, I recognize that my feeling this way stems from being exhausted and physically hurting after that long flight. I am so lucky to be here...I just want to get to Kaohsiung and have the traveling part be over.


Many times over the past few month people have told me I'm brave for doing this. I didn't feel brave at all until today. Today I realized, as I'm sitting in a restaurant where I am the only Caucasian, in a place I've never been and a culture I have so much to learn about, I am brave.  Or maybe I'm crazy! Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment