Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's all in the details!


I knew there would be lots to do before I leave but I didn't realize all of those little things that need to be done before moving out of the country.  The apartment is pretty easy; my brother is moving into a new place so he's basically taking all of my furniture, kitchen items and anything he needs.  My daughters have received (and will be receiving) many items.  They are set for life.  My daughter Ally will be using my car and I will donate the one she has been using to NPR.  It's just in the little details.

What things am I keeping and storing? Not much, maybe 6-8 boxes, but I still have to go through everything.  What goes on Craigslist and what goes into a yard sale? What can I donate? I have to cancel cable, electric, etc. like any move but it's a bit more complicated when you are moving to another country.  I have to cancel my phone but my daughter is on my plan.  She has to be set up.  I can't insure my car under my name because I won't be here but it's my car so I have to put my daughter's name on the registration and the insurance.  Lots and lots of little details.

This week.....crunch time!  Stand back everyone....I'm on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment