Monday, June 2, 2014

Wednesday is "D" Day

All packed up, inventory list complete, boxes are ready and extra items purchased for my packing day on Wednesday.  All totaled I will be shipping 3 small boxes, 5 medium boxes and that pesky microscope.  That's it!  I plan on storing one box of winter clothes I won't need in Taiwan, some artwork and a couple of boxes of memorabilia.  That's it.  I found myself packing a box, walking away for a few hours or a day or so, going back and taking half of it out.  It's amazing what little we really need - we are burdened with possessions.  This is actually a very freeing process; or at least that's what I'm telling myself to alleviate some stress.

Here are two sites I'd love for you to check out, if you are at all interested.  First, the school I will be teaching at is Kaohsiung American School.  The website is kas.tw.  A new, state-of-the-art school is being built right now and is going to be ready by April.  I am so excited to see it all and to be part of a K-12 school.

As of today, I will have much more time to focus on learning Mandarin, looking at the curriculum I'll be teaching and learning more about Kaohsiung.  I am fascinated by a place that is such a blend of ancient tradition and modern living.  A great site that has much information about Kaohsiung is:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/taiwan/southern-taiwan/kaohsiung-city#ixzz2vpMi00XF

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/64/6423/3FT9100Z/posters/jane-sweeney-taiwan-kaohsiung-lotus-pond-view-of-bridge-leading-to-spring-and-autumn-pagodas-with-statue-of-s.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment