Monday, May 26, 2014

4 Boxes and a Microscope

I didn't think I had packed that much to ship to Kaohsiung but my shipping estimate was $3,100. I was stunned. This is what they quoted to ship 8 small boxes, 5 medium boxes and some clothes. The funny thing is that the vast majority was from my classroom, not my home. So I spent a couple of hours on Friday paring down my school supplies. I'm down to 4 small boxes and a microscope. That is what 20 years of teaching has been narrowed down to. Everything else has been/will be given away or left for the new teacher taking over my classroom. 4 boxes and a microscope!

At home I'll have two medium boxes with bedding, towels, toiletries/meds and kitchen/household things. I only have clothes to ponder...what gets shipped, what stays with me and what gets stored for 2 years. So, when all is said and done, I'll have a total of 4 small boxes, 4 medium boxes and a microscope.   That, my friends, is the total of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment