Monday, May 19, 2014

A tad stressed

I'm not having an issue with packing, deciding what stays or what goes, leaving my cool apartment in wonderful Portland or getting things done before I leave in 2 months. What is stressful is getting emails from Taiwan asking me to do things or start thinking/preparing for teaching there in August. Now that I'm done working a second job (for the first time in 17 years) I can start wrapping my brain around teaching only math and science (yippee!) to sixth graders and learning a little Mandarin. The problem is that I'm still teaching here. I can't be a good teacher here while my mind is focused on Taiwan. I just have to let it go until at least the end of May and then deal with it all.  I'm sure once all of my items are shipped and I have my official resident visa, I'll be able to do some reading and preparing.
http://thedailyquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-teen-quotes-grow-up-quote-pictures-life-pics-images-sayings-150x150.jpg
I just want to make sure I'm still present here for my daughters, my wonderful friends and my students. My oldest is getting married and there is a wedding shower to hold. I still have a mother of the bride dress to buy and I want to look damned fine in it so I need to keep working out. Sigh, if only I had a few more hours in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment