Monday, May 19, 2014

The Costs of Moving





Yesterday was an expensive day!  You know when you go shopping and you add toothpaste, shampoo and some ibuprofen to your cart, you don't even think about it.  It adds about $20 to your bill, you pay it and leave.  Well, yesterday I went shopping for all those toiletries that the powers that be in Taiwan suggested I bring with me.  It cost me just over $400!  Yup, I said it....$400!  I wasn't being extravagant, trust me, I'm frugal.  I bought things like unscented lotion, ibuprofen, bug spray, sunscreen, etc.  I couldn't believe how much it added up.

I know I'll be able to buy many of those things there but they said that some of these items are harder to come by in Taiwan (meds and unscented stuff) and others you can't recognize or read the labels so it's hard to figure out what things are.  Oh well, I'm set for about a year.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment