Wednesday, June 4, 2014

And......they're off!

This is it!  These are the boxes being shipped to Kaohsiung.  Before they packed everything with a year's worth of paper and cushioning to protect things, there were 3 small boxes, 4 medium and some clothes.  After packing, they had 11 boxes.  Come on!  Admit it....you're impressed. 

They put these boxes in a shipping container, then they will put a bunch of stuff around the boxes to prevent things from sliding around and falling over, load it on a cargo ship and off the container goes on a sea voyage.

You can see how little space my boxes took up in the shipping container.  Seems amazing to me that this is my life in boxes.  To get some perspective, here is one of the moving guys in the box. 
There are only 2 boxes of clothes in there and that includes coats, cooler weather items and bulky things.  There is also one box of shoes and boots since, in Taiwan, I'm considered a BIG girl.  Good luck finding size 10 shoes over there!  I had to be prepared.

So, off my little boxes go to meet me in Taiwan when I get there. 

一路順風 [一路顺风] (yī lù shùn fēng)  That's Bon Voyage in Mandarin.



No comments:

Post a Comment