Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Crunch Time!!

 http://www.sproutlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/29th-Stress.jpg


My apologies in advance for the little rant and rave I'm about to have.  Here goes.....Things would be so much easier if people didn't keep adding things to my already full To Do List.  Any teacher knows that the end of the school year doesn't "wind down", it "revs up" until the last day and then we have those pesky things like portfolios, report cards, cleaning out the classroom, etc. before we are finally done for the summer.  I still have a unit of math to finish teaching before I give the benchmark test AND the end-of-the-year test.  I still have a science test to give and correct.  Only 8 days of school left and I'm feeling the time crunch.  I feel like my head is spinning already and then I'm handed yet another thing to take care of.  Sheesh!

On top of that, I'm moving to Taiwan people!  We are talking about my leaving this half of the hemisphere in exactly 45 days!  45 DAYS!  Although my things are on a slow boat to China, literally, I still have lots to do before I board that plane.  I'm moving out of an apartment, I'm packing my things, I'm selling things, helping my brother move into his own place, putting a few things in storage....you get the picture.  I also have a daughter who is getting married and a bridal shower to host this Saturday.  I'm on To Do List overdrive!

Okay, rant over.  All that being said, I'm looking forward to school being done on the 20th so I can focus on looking at what I'll be teaching in Taiwan, learning some Mandarin and spending time with the people I love most before I leave.  I will miss my students, can't help getting attached, but I'm ready for that To Do List to get much shorter.

Deep breath.....and another one.......okay.  I can do this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment