Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's the simple things...

When I walk or bike by people, I make eye contact. I can't help it. I like to see who I'm walking by and I always acknowledge them. As you know I bike to school each day and there are always people out walking and jogging and I have come to "know" many regulars on my morning commute. There is the group of older women exercising in the park. They all wave as I go by. There's the older man who gives me a big smile and a "Good Morning!" So, as I bike by I smile, say good morning or nod to people. It's what I do.

There is this one young man (young is relative I suppose - he's probably in his 30's) who I pass 2-3 times a week. He's jogging toward me on the road as I pass by. Every time I passed him I looked over and smiled. For months he never made eye contact and a few weeks ago he did. That was it, just eye contact. Now, every time I pass him, he makes eye contact and a nod. For the past week he's given me a big smile. How can something so small make my day!?

No comments:

Post a Comment