Saturday, February 14, 2015

First Earthquake in Taiwan

My first big earthquake! When I was shaken awake at 4:06 a.m. I knew immediately that it was an earthquake. I was instantly fully away, popped up, put on my glasses and looked out the window. It was such an amazing experience...first shaking one direction then shaking the other. I'm on the 11th floor so as I looked out my bedroom window at several tall buildings surrounding my apartment, I could see the buildings swaying. What an odd sensation - both physically and visually.

I wasn't afraid. I mean, what can I do about it other than let it pass. I can't imagine what a stronger earthquake must feel like; I'm not sure I want to find out. It was a 6.2 and it was a good jostle.

When I looked online to get information today, I saw that there were 92 earthquakes on our planet today. 92!!! I've never lived in a place where I've had to be aware of that before. I've been here over 6 months and this was my first. Fingers crossed that this doesn't become something I get used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment