Sunday, November 2, 2014

A walk in the park

Today I had too much to do between school work, going to school to watch Model United Nations (since I'm the Middle School MUN teacher this year) and taking care of Lily, so we decided to stick close to home and take a walk in Neiweipi Cultural Park, an area surrounding the Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts.  Museum Site

This park and museum is just north of my neighborhood and an easy walk from home.  Lily and I wandered into the park from Meishuguan and had a beautiful walk around the museum. 
 There are sculptures and artscapes throughout the park. It was a gorgeous day, into the 80's but not too humid, so a perfect day to get a dose of green. It is still so warm here so when I look at the weather in New England, I can't even imagine it. 
The paths meander around a lake with a variety of trees and sloping lawns. They created this beautiful marshland that has a variety of birds including white cranes, and butterflies and dragonflies fluttering around. The front area of the museum has a huge plaza that can hold about 2,000 people and this is where I've seen ballroom dancing at night.



 Like Central Park or Golden Gate Park, I'm always amazed at the designs and vision of parks in a big city.



 You can see how big a place this is. I have yet to visit the museum. I'll wait for a rainy day to do that.

 This young girl, maybe 12, was playing unbelievably well. And she was just performing, no asking for money or anything.
 Another wonderful sign in Taiwan. HA! This stuff just makes me laugh! Can you even imagine a sign like this in the states?!

 Do they realize how phallic their artwork is? Or is it me?



Another weekend day in Taiwan and a perfect way to prepare for the week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment