Monday, March 16, 2015

Continued Attitude Adjustment

As I continued my journey of putting my life into perspective, on Saturday I had dinner with some friends here and then we danced the night away. Dance therapy! That's the way to go. I so needed that!

On Sunday a small group of us headed to Gushan Mountain to get brunch. We knew of a place that sits right on the ocean facing the Taiwan Strait and we thought this would be a perfect way to spend a couple of hours. We took a winding taxi ride up, up, up the mountain and then down to a temple that sits on the west coast of of Kaohsiung. The mountain rises dramatically behind me as I snap this photo looking out into the strait. What you can't see is the dozens of huge ships waiting to enter the port.



The restaurant is called Escape 41 and it's not easy to find. I wouldn't want to search for this place in the dark. You walk up and down these winding hills and staircases.




 Houses are crammed into every space. It's incredible really!
 The first sign that finally pointed the way. We're almost there!

 Hello little monkey! I saw a couple of them high above us.

 Look at this building and the tree growing right around it!


 Glimpses of ocean as we continue on our journey. 

 This happy buddha was hidden behind these bushes. Makes me smile just looking at him!
 Finally we found our way. Like I said, this place is right along the ocean.
 Now you can get an idea of how many ships are waiting! Whoa!
 More stairs into the restaurant and this is what you find when you get there.


 This was the view from our table! Wow!


We had HUGE pizzas, great fries and an all-around great time sitting with the windows open, wind blowing in off the ocean, waves crashing and stuffing ourselves. What a perfect way to adjust my attitude.




No comments:

Post a Comment