Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Another great meal!

Last night my friend Flora and I were working very late! We are both taking this online course and it has been a ton of work. When we finished we decided to go to this local noodle shop. From what I understand, it was featured on some food/travel show some years back. As always, we ordered too much food but it was delicious.

As I took some pictures, I realized I haven't done a food blog for a while. What's up with that? I decided to remedy that! Besides a GIGANTIC bowl of beef noodles (not pictured here), we were served the following:

 This is a type of blood pudding - rice and blood made into a cake.
 That is lotus root that is brined with some type of flower that looked a bit like hibiscus. You can eat both and it was crunchy and tasted a bit like plum.
 From the top - a local mushroom that, to be honest, looks a bit like a certain male appendage (wink, wink), marinated tofu (delish) and pig's ear. Yes, real pig's ear. It's chewy and tasty.
 These greens above are one of my favorite in Taiwan. I think they are snow pea leaves but I'm not completely sure. Nomnom! On the top right is a type of local seaweed (great texture and prepared with sesame).
And finally, these were lightly brined cucumbers (more sweet than sour) with a spicy slaw stuffed into the center. What is not to love about that?

My food adventures continue!!!

1 comment: