Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Yes, more food!

One of my favorite things about Taiwan is the food! This food adventure took place at a wonderful Japanese restaurant on Mingcheng called Syunraku. YUM! I would have to say that Japanese food it easily in my top 3 if not #1 on my list and this place was incredible.

 First they brought out sashimi that was so delicate and fresh...
 then a salad that was crisp and beautifully presented.

 It's hard to tell but those a scallops served with sheets of nori. You just wrap the scallop and enjoy.
 This was a rice dish (almost like a glutinous rice) with quail egg on top.

 The fruit salsa on top of this was so crazy flavorful and tangy. 

 This jumbo prawn was dipped in egg white and lightly cooked. On top is a dollop of salmon roe. Delish!


 This beautiful bowl was filled with a type of savory custard with little shrimp on top. I have never been a lover of gelatins but in this country I've become a big fan!



If I need some comfort in my life, I'll always head to a place like this. It makes the whole world seem a little bit happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment