Sunday, April 12, 2015

New Apartment

Last week I moved into a new apartment in Kaohsiung and I'm thrilled! I was fine in my last place but this one is so much better for me. I realized, the longer I live here, that I wanted to be closer to things like the subway system and more restaurants and businesses. The last place is located in the beautiful residential area but I felt isolated there. Also, with my broken collarbone, it just isn't convenient. I can't ride my bike for several more weeks and I'd have to take a taxi everywhere. I can only use one arm so even when taking a taxi to get things like groceries, I can't carry them all up to my apartment. My new apartment is in a much better location.


My new place is located on Sinjhuang 1st Road (on the map is Xinzhuang), which is very close to the Hanshin Mall and the MRT (subway). Everything is within a few minutes walking, including my school. It will only take me 10 minutes to walk to work in the morning! All I do is take a left out of the building, walk to the end of the street, go up and over through the train station and the school is right there! I can be at a grocery store, dozens of restaurants, the bank, bus, subway, department stores, etc. all in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for me!

Here are a few photos of the place:

 This is the view from my kitchen. I love these buildings - very cool! I have windows on 3 sides so the light is amazing!
 This is a view from the back porch where my washer is located.

 This space is so much cozier than the last place. First, there is more furniture so I can entertain now and I like the layout much more.
 I have a little patio that overlooks the neighborhood. I even bought a few plants to dress it up a bit. I'm so excited about being able to open the patio doors and sit out there any time I want!


 This is a shot from the living room - a study to the left and the kitchen on the right.
 Study....
 Kitchen....
 Master bedroom....


It just has a much homier feel than my last place and I already feel more comfortable here in 5 days than I did in my last place in 8 months.

The place as two bedrooms so come visit! I'll keep the light on for you!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely views! To be honest, I'd have a hard time sleeping if I were to face views as beautiful as those. Was the apartment furnished when you got it? The furniture pieces are adorably quaint, and the whole place just looks cozy and welcoming. I know I'd enjoy my stay there if given the chance. Hahaha! Thanks for the tour, Nancy! All the best to you! :)

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete